Sunday, April 7, 2013

Update: Post Op Day 4


Friday night: tonight is the first night we decreased his epidural meds so that means he needs to tell us when he is in pain. The bad news is he woke up at 4:00a.m. crying in pain. The good news is he can now feel his legs!!

Saturday: In the morning he threw up again. Dang it, Dang it! But he is so excited because Hunter came back and all he wants to do is get up and go to the play room to play the wii with him!!
Throughout the day Riley got up several times, and each time he would come back and throw up. We talked with the surgeon about this and she said that he is healing well, but his intestines are just taking longer to heal. So the Tube will be in yet another day.
Riley was having a really emotional day today. He actually said that he was sad. He truly looked like he was depressed. My heart crumbled once again. So we decided we needed some fresh air! We wheeled him outside to look at the fish in the fish pond! He seemed pretty content with that so we’ll do that again tomorrow!
 The good news is, I only had 1 major breakdown today!!! I’m getting stronger!
I get on Facebook every now and then and I have to say, that it is really hard for me. I see all the fun exciting things everyone is doing and everyone is so happy. The world keeps going even though mine has stopped.

One of the things that was on my mind 1 week ago was wanting to go get a new pair of shoes. Now, I’m good going bare foot. Funny how things change your perspective on STUFF! 

4 comments:

  1. I love you and little Ri! You break my heart mama! My kids pray for him every night!! Thanks for all the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong Smith Mama. My boys pray for their friend. I agree what is most important is family... Having your loved ones! I love you!

    -Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the updates. Keep fighting little RI. You are so strong. You have an ARMY praying for you. You are so loved Smith family. You are one special Mama, Brandy. And Chris is a great daddy. And while I'm at it...Hunter is a great big brother. I believe you were all prepared for this and you will be strengthened throughout the entire process.You will get through it TOGETHER. Ri Rocks. You rock that cancers world little man. xoxo Angie P. (Thought I should specify since there's more than one!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete