Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Day 2: Radiation


Day 2 of Radiation: Tuesday April 16, 2013

Today was a really good easy day (if that is possible)!! Since Riley’s port was already accessed, we took him into the “camera” room and they gave him the drugs through the port and he was off to sleep and it was over in about 5 minutes! This momma didn’t even have a breakdown today!! He didn’t come out of anesthesia as fast and was really tired. When he did finally wake up he thought it was funny to play with the bed: Up and Down, Up and Down! Hey, at least he was smiling and happy!! 
As for me, I had my wonderful support system with me!! Katie Auger! 
Going to miss her when she leaves....
So I was doing super good, even with dad at work! To all my other friends and family: Don't worry, you will get to come with me in the next 6 months to get your turn of "fun" too!!! hehe!! 

We got home about 10:00a.m. which I was thrilled about.  I got us all cuddled up ready for a snooze and I was just about to sleep AND….. Let the throw up begin. I swear!! Little Riley is a trooper though, he just carries the throw up bucket wherever he goes….. It’s a part of our life now.  Our new life.

When his port is accessed, Home Health has to come by every night to push a little bit of saline and heparin into his line, this makes sure his blood doesn’t dry up in the line and makes it easier to access the next morning. Thank goodness for technology and doctor’s!! They have saved a sweet little life that we need in our family!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy katie is here to take care of you! Wish I was there too! Love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for Riley!!! I"m so glad he's adapting and not freaking out on you. And to have Katie here...well that's just a HUGE blessing!!! Yeah Katie!!! That's wonderful! And Brandy, we will be more than happy to take as many turns with you as you need us to! We're here for you and your adorable family! LOVE you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heck that Riley is cute! Melts my heart!! Crazy his chemo was so fast! Awesome. My Dad's took 8 hours through an IV. Me and my sisters would fight to get to go... We all wanted to spend the day with him! Love all the pictures and updates. So proud of all of you. We pray EVERYDAY! Love you so much! xoxo Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Yay for Katie! So beyond thrilled she's here. I'm sorry Riley's so sick already. He is strong and will recieve extra help through this!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete