Monday, April 15, 2013

SOOO many mixed EMOTIONS…….

When Saturday rolled around, everything felt so normal, we slept in a bit, ate breakfast together, turned on cartoons and just hung around. More people came by to say Hi and I just felt so good, and so did Riley!! I had a plan to go out with some of my wonderful friends for an early dinner and I had been hesitant all day. I knew I wanted to get out and I was excited, heck, the only break I’ve had from Riley in almost 2 weeks was to run to the grocery store and that took 30 minutes! But I was so nervous to leave him. I did end up going and we went to, only the best, Happy Sumo!! We had such a good time, good food, good laughs, but I had anxiety the whole time. In fact as we were heading out the door, I just got hit with so many guilty emotions that I just started to tear up, that of course went on to crying. I just felt so bad that I was laughing and having a good time while my boy was home fighting this disease. I felt happy that everyone else had normal, healthy, good lives but sad and mad that we didn’t. So I wanted to talk with everyone but didn’t want to at the same time. I wanted to escape my world but then that’s all I could think about while I was gone. I wanted to talk about what was going on with me/us, then again, I didn’t. OH MY HECK, what is wrong with me? ……I am all over the map…… I was very tempted to just go home but I stuck it out! We got desert and heading to momma Lil’s for more laughs. It was good for me! And I have the most wonderful amazing friends that understood my craziness and just took care of me!!
A fun night out with good friends at Happy Sumo!


Blessed to have a special bond with all these amazing girls! While eating "never on Sunday's" from The Pizza Factory!

Sunday, the Day Before Treatments…… Oh man am I all nerves….. Here we go again! I think I need to get some anxiety pills before too long!!
The schedule for this week is:
Monday: LDS hospital 7:30a.m. Radiation, Primary Children’s Hospital 10:00 a.m. Chemo
Tuesday: LDS Hospital 7:30 a.m. Radiation, PCH 10:00a.m. Post op visit with surgeon.
Wed-Friday: LDS Hospital Radiation
The kids are in bed and I lay here typing, wondering so many different things. How is this week going to go? How will Riley do? How sick will he get? How long before he get’s sick? How is Hunter going to do tomorrow/all week having someone be here when he get’s up, to get him off to school?  On and On and On….How am I going to ever fall asleep with so much on my mind? All I can say is….. I’m just glad I have one WONDERFUL husband that will be there with me to hold me together! I love Chris so much and I feel like we have been such a good team through all of this. So grateful to have you babe!   
It's OK to be happy... It's OK to smile!


3 comments:

  1. we wanted to come over on Sunday after church but neither of us was feeling very good and not sure why...so we didn't want to bring 'bugs' over if we had them! But we are fine and nothing came of it so we could have popped in...darn it! We've been thinking about Riley and you and Hunter and Chris a lot..in our prayers every night and day. You're doing so amazing through all this...hang in there and know that we are all with you in this.
    love you tons....
    Archie & your dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of you and Chris makes me smile. You guys are each amazing and an amazing team together! Riley and Hunter are so blessed to have you as parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could have made it to dinner saturday!! It is truly amazing to see the love and support you are surrounded with. It makes me not being there next door just a little more bareable. Love you!

    ReplyDelete