Saturday, April 13, 2013

Turned Out Real Good!!


From my last post you can see that I was not in a good place at all. I wondered how I was going to pull out of this sadness so I could function and be a good mom……. 

Well, I got a knock at my door!!! And guess who surprised me?? One of my bestest friends flew in from Australia!! I couldn’t believe it. Katie was here and all I could do was jump up and down and cry with her! It was just what I needed to lift my spirits! Thank you Kate! I sure love you!!


That night turned out to be a real good night too, we all slept, and got some much needed sleep! And I have to say, Friday just kept getting better!! We had so many wonderful friends come to visit us and bring wonderful gifts for both boys to help them get through the upcoming weeks. My heart was filled with love for the generosity and thoughtfulness of everyone. I can’t believe how great and supportive and willing to help everyone has been. Riley was so excited to see friends, even though he was shy about it, he told me later that he loved seeing everyone! And of course I loved seeing everyone too!!
I just can’t stop expressing my gratitude to everyone who has thought about us, prayed for us, texted, emailed, called, brought by food, supplies, gifts, money and/or just your love. It means more then you will ever know, so THANK YOU!!

Oh and I almost forgot…. THE BEST NEWS OF ALL!!!!!! We got the lymph node results in….. out of 38 that were sent in…… 0 had cancer!!!!! WAHOOOOOOO!!!! Can’t stop smiling!!!  

And for those of you wondering, because I just got asked this question, Riley has a 90% survival rate!! 

But were just going to say 100%!!

1 comment:

  1. I am thrilled about the lymph node results! That is huge! SO excited. I am so happy you are getting some sleep. I don't need to say anything about Katie coming.... when I drove by, jumped out of my car, screamed and started crying.... I am guessing you know I am so happy for you and so grateful she is such an AWESOME friend and support to you. Yay for lots of visitors and love. You are so loved! I am praying tomorrow goes really well. YOU CAN DO THIS! Love you! Thinking about you all the time. Oh... so funny. In family prayer my 2 year old was saying the prayer. Justin told him to say, "Bless Riley." He repeated... Bless Charile! (That's our bird!) I am sure Heavenly Father knows who we really meant! :)

    ReplyDelete