Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 6 of Radiation

-->
Day 6 of Radiation: Monday April 22, 2013

Last day of radiation......last time at LDS Hospital......last time, trying to "stay awake" during "pictures!!" It went super good!!! 

           We even got a GRADUATION diploma!!

                                            

 Thank you to Dr. Grant Hunter and all of his staff for helping my son!
 Riley truly is my Radiation Rock-Star!!
 We rang the "completion" BELL and we were out-a-there!!


Off to PCH for Chemo....
Had to get a picture of the parking pass!! Because we get so many!!
 Here are his counts this week:
HGB: 12.9 (14.1 wk 1) (less then 8 is bad)   
Hct:  37.8% (41.8% wk 1) (less then 24% is bad)   
WBC: 4.7... this is below normal (10.5 wk 1)  
PLTS:  288 (621 wk1) (less then 30 is bad)    
ANC:  3.0 or 3000 (7.6 or 7,600 wk 1) (less the 500 is bad)
I can't believe how much his counts have dropped on a couple of them already.... but I'm new at this and I'm not sure if that is a lot or not!  
                                 And here is my support system......My wonderful momma!!!


This past weekend was actually relaxing and fun! Riley only threw up in the morning each day and he was full of energy! We even played a little bit of football!!! We try to get out and get some fresh air everyday!                            
 ......... This is how we roll..........!!!!



Gatorade....snacks..... p.j's.....1 sock on 1 sock off......throw up bag.......


AND brother!!! Let's GO!!!

So grateful for the smiles and laughs!! I NOW stop and listen to the boys when they are playing and I just smile! I take TIME for the boys instead of saying "just a minute, I need to finish the dishes or the laundry or my phone call." I get down and play with them ALL the time. I use to take them for GRANTED..... now I know how fast things can change.... I LIVE for my family, instead of living with and around them. I have also learned to not live by "My schedule", I used to live in the future... Time was everything to me, what was happening tomorrow or next week or next month. I LIVE in this minute and that's all I care about.
                                                              I LOVE MY FAMILY!!











4 comments:

  1. yay yay yay!!! I have tears I'm so glad he's done with radiation! What a brave boy...and awesome mama! This is a great day!!! He's gonna be getting stronger everyday (queue up the music from the song by Chicago!) Love love love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears of joy that he is done with radiation! I love that little Riley's smile...it melts my heart like butta'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Amaze me!!! I love your attitude about everything! And I am so happy no more "pictures"!!! What a relief. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure if Katie told you about me or not (one of her old roommates) but I just wanted you to know that I just posted a little about you on my blog and I have been praying for you. I hope it will help even if it is just a little. I loved your thoughts in this post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete