Monday, April 8, 2013

The good, the bad, and the just plain mad!


Monday: Today Riley got weighed…. He was 49.5 lbs on Tuesday and is 41 lbs today. Goes to show, if you starve yourself, you will lose weight!! 
Riley said to me last night “mom, remember that thing you said the other day about them going to cut me open, (sad, worried eyes) when are they going to do that?” Oh, my sweet sweet boy. What other things are going through your little mind that are scaring you, that you just don’t understand? He was soooo relieved to know that part was done already and he was asleep through the whole thing!


He is having chest pains so they did an EKG then an Echo Cardiogram and an x-ray of his heart and chest. The oncologist will also look at these results to make sure his heart is strong enough for the upcoming treatments.


He is such a big amazing boy! I am so proud of the way he is handling everything. He gets angry every now and then and yells at me, in fact last night about 4:30 a.m. he needed to go pee so Chris and I were getting him up and he was so scared that it would hurt that he was fighting us to get out of bed, and then he full on sucker punched me.  I know he has to get his anger out, so go ahead Ri, punch whatever you want! I would too!  Mommy loves you!  
         
He wants Hunter to come up soooooo bad, so daddy went home today to bring brother up! While waiting for Hunter he was coloring and I asked him to give me a big smile for the camera, he said no, so I said, give me a big smile because Hunter is coming…. !!!

3:30 Update!!!!! Riley FINALLY get’s to eat after 5 days of NOTHING!!!
His choice…… Honey Nut Cheerio’s!!
All this kids needs is his brother and his cereal!
6:30 p.m. news: Stage 3 Cancer…. I’m so friggin angry. I knew this was the worst outcome it could have been and I have been preparing for it for days now, but it’s just different when they confirm it and it’s said out loud. I just want to cry by myself and be alone. But for tonight, we are breaking all the rules and having Hunter have a sleep over with Riley and pretending like nothing is wrong… for just one night!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE these pics!!! Made me so happy!! I miss RIley! I've been at work for the past 4 nights and its not the same coming home and having no boys here eating cereal...and me telling Riley I'm gonna bite his ear...hahaha! He looks so good and happy. Lets keep him that way! GO RILEY! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. I look forward to these updates every morning when i get home...good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry he is stage 3. So glad you had a sleepover with Hunter. That is awesome. I am LOVING seeing all the smiles. He is so darling. Sending our love and constant prayers. Thanks for the updates. I check everyday! xoxoAng P.S. Maybe I should bring him a new present... I don't think he even thought about smiling when I brought him one in the hospital! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' the smiles but oh, so sad to hear he's stage 3. Riley is one tough boy, and you're one great Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brandy, I think I've thought about you every other minute since I found out that the little boy Ang told me about was YOUR Riley. I pray for you, Riley and your sweet family multiple times a day and am sending you all the love and positivity I can. There are more people behind you than you know. Thank you for blogging and allowing people to share in your journey. Xoxo I am so excited to help Ang and Katie. I'm here for anything you need. Don't be afraid to ask for help - I'm here for anything you need (no matter how big or small)!! Xoxo 801-369-4086

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so heartbroken about that diagnosis. We are shedding tears for you, friend! There are so many people behind you who love you and are bearing this burden too. I know it seems so hard to comprehend....you are loved and God is good. You know what we have been through sometimes life teaches us through hard experiences...and in it all you just have to learn how to give it to God and find reasons to smile...even if it's just a bowl of cereal and a sneaky sleep over. hugs! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete