Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day and a great weekend!!

Today is Mother's Day!!
I was given the BEST homemade gifts from my 1st grader Hunter!! I love those gifts!! His teacher told me that he didn't fill out the line that says, "my mom cooks the best________." So she told him to fill it out and he said "my mom doesn't cook, my dad does". She laughed and said there has to be something, so after a long thoughtful pause, he said, "I guess she does make spaghetti!!" He knows his mamma!!
Even though this Mother's Day has a little bit of sadness to it, I am more grateful then ever to be a mom to these 2 beautiful boys and have such an amazing wonderful husband! Thanks for always cooking babe!!

Along with Mother's Day, this weekend brought with it..............SMILES, PLAYTIME, GRADUATION,  and BAKE SALES!!!

I am absolutely amazed at how Riley can be in the hospital ICU on Tuesday and Wednesday, then on Friday have a little bit of energy to......
JUMPING with his best girl friend Riann!!


SWINGING!!! This is the first time since surgery, my heart is so happy!!
 I think he over did it though, he threw up that evening.

Hunter Graduated and had his 1st grade program!! He was the best darn HOO-LA HOOPER on stage!!! So proud of my Hunter Bug!!


AND who are these 3 Beautiful 10 year olds????

Grace, Racheal, and Brinley!!!
These 3 wanted to do a BAKE SALE FUNDRAISER for Riley!! So they baked everything from cookies to peanut butter bars to muddy buddies, I'm sure with the help of their wonderful mother's too!! 
Just a few of the goodies!!

How cute are they??!!
They Raised...........$408.58!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Riley says THANK YOU!!!!

You will never know how much this means to us. You girls have a heart of gold! Thank you also, to you wonderful people who helped support us and donated! We feel the love!! Your donations help more then you will ever know. I'm excited for one day in the future when it will be our turn to pay it forward, because I want others to feel this wonderful feeling in their heart and have tears of joy and peace because someone is able to help.

Tomorrow is another MONDAY. Just getting geared up for that!! lot's of prayers tonight that it will be smooth! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I saw a link to your blog from a friend on Facebook. (We live in Spanish For) Anyway, I just wanted to say that my cousin had a Wilms Tumor when he was 2 years old. I know that they are very rare. He is now 13 and doing amazing!!! If you were interested I could give you her contact information...it might just be nice to have someone to answer questions/talk to, and someone that has been through the exact same thing. No big deal if you don't, but just thought I'd throw it out there. I'm so sorry for your sweet family and this terrible trial right now. You're in our prayers.

    Andrea
    andreaknapton02@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandy--I'm so happy I got to see you at the bake sale! You look fantastic. Riley is so brave and YOU are BRAVE too! You're doing it--5 chemo sessions down. Way to face life with a smile; you are truly and inspiration. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete