Thursday, June 20, 2013

Tender Mercies: Roller Coaster!

Well we are on day 4 and all I can say is thank you for your love and PRAYERS!!
Riley has not had to be admitted all week! This is not by chance, it's a miracle! A huge Tender Mercie from above because he knew I would not be able to handle it.
It's not to say Riley hasn't been sick, he has had minimal throw ups each day and VERY tired, but NO FEVERS!!!
I'm still giving him 12 hours of i.v. fluids a night and meds through his port as well. I'm thrilled at how well it's working out! 
We still go to get snow shacks everyday, sometimes 2 times a day. It's the only thing tollerated really well. Sorry all you snow shacks but Payson Glacier Pass takes the cake for now!! This changes with his appetite too though!! 
I have a lot of people offer to bring us one, but to be honest, it's the only time we get out of the house! It's not easy, sometimes he doesn't make it without falling asleep.....
Poor little guy. This is how tired he is at home most of the time too.
Even though it hasn't been as bad of a week as I had planned, I have been SUPER emotional. I'm back to the "I hate" and "I'm mad" phase. I cry over everything. Riley even said today, "mom, why are you crying?" I said because I'm sad you have cancer, no I'm mad you have cancer. He said, "well stop crying", haha! I guess I need to get it under control!!
I miss my life. I miss doing hair, and my clients who were not just clients but my friends. I miss being able to help provide for my family. I miss taking the kids to the swimming pool and playing outside with them and their friends. I miss sooo much and I don't want to wish this year away, but I do.

No worries next week I'll be on the "I can conquer the world" phase!!
I HATE THIS ROLLER COASTER!! I WANT TO GET OFF!!!








2 comments:

  1. We're all crying with you darlin...praying... trying to be hopeful... but then feeling mad & frustrated that we can't do anything to help you! We just feel so helpless! We're sitting here wanting to take the pain away but we can't...we want to take some of the burden off your shoulder's but we can't (is there a lesson to be learned there? Maybe.) All we can do is tell you we love you, that we're praying for you and would do anything for you all! We're riding on this journey with you. I'm just glad you are keeping up on this blog to keep us posted... otherwise we'd never know whats going on!
    And thank the Lord for no fevers and hospital visits this week! That IS something at least...and I'm sure it's because of the vigilance of you and everyone around Riley! Little blessings...one step at a time! May heaven continue these blessings on you all! I love you...hugs hugs hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I would most likely stay in the I-hate-life phase. You are an example us all!

    ReplyDelete