Thursday, June 20, 2013

A few good Racers!!!

Who are these racers that run for those who can't?..... 
One of my fabulous friends and neighbor Bethany Erickson ran the American Fork Canyon half Marathon & 5K a week ago. Here is the poster from it. 
Touches my heart! Everyone of them!
  I didn't realize there were 2700 runners and each one of them submitted someone with Cancer and their story and picture. Out of those, only about 10 or so were chosen to be put on the big poster for inspiration for the runners..... Riley was one of them. What an honor. What an honor.
 She carried a picture of Riley the whole way!! Thank you Bethany!! 
You make me smile every time I see this pic!!!
Other fabulous runners were Angie Snow, Ashlee Henrie, and Katie Kilpatrick. LOVE LOVE LOVE these wonderful girls!! Thank you! What a huge honor!!
Angie, Bethany, Ashlee and Katie!! You made us proud!!
AND:
 This weekend is the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay for Cancer!
I have an amazing friend Mace Crane who is running 17 miles of this race and has chosen to run for Riley. I have been so touched by this especially because I haven't seen Mace in 16 years or more. I went online just now to watch the video of everyone who is running with him for the cure against cancer and I wasn't prepared... I just bawled my eyes out. My heart is so full and thankful. The tears won't stop. Thank you Mace! Were cheering you on from home!
Please go to the blog and see these wonderful people!
http://www.piratesforthecure.blogspot.com/
After I get pictures I will post them!!  
I'm going to personally commit to get in shape and start running for good causes like these. (I HATE running) But I'm going to anyway! Once I have a cancer free boy and have the time, of course! Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

  1. Ans bethany's arms?! Are you kidding me?! She probably could have actaully carried Riley the whole way instead of the sign. Such an amazing group of people who love and support you, brand!

    ReplyDelete