Monday, June 10, 2013

Look what we did this week!!!! Carnival and ZOO!!!



Riley has had a pretty good week, he stopped throwing up on Thursday and we had 0 hospital visits!!! YAY!! But the best news of all is Riley's was giving the "okay" to go to a couple of events this week!!
Thanks to the CCCF, an organization that accepts kids with cancer and their families and gives a fun carnival in the summer and a Christmas party in the winter, but most of all, a chance to meet other family's that have cancer and have support through them!
We went on Wednesday night to a BBQ dinner and carnival!! The boys had so much fun and even though Riley had to stop and take breaks, and we ended up carrying him most of the time,  it was so worth every minute!!
Being shy for the camera guy!
There's that smile! 2 cute brothers!!
Not sure if he wants to play a game yet! But he's ready to rock n roll in his angry bird jammies!!
Now he's ready... let's do this!!!
Look who else came!! As well as some BYU Basketball players!!
Okay, I'm ready to go home now!
 Thank you so much CCCF!!


After "our first" outing in a LONG time!!! Come Thursday, Riley was VERY tired! He couldn't walk from the couch to the kitchen without complaining that his legs hurt. So, we spent most of the day resting!! 

Friday night though, we were off to Hoggle Zoo!!
Primary Children's invited us and other family's with sick kids for a night out!! From 6-9 the park was ours!! It was so nice to look around and know that everyone was "kind of" in the same boat as we were. There were all kinds of sick kids there and it brought a smile to my face to see each of them laughing and having a good time even though they too were battling and fighting a fight of their own. We weren't alone! And it was nice that everyone there was GERM conscious too!!

Riley had a hard time at first, he didn't want to get his picture taken with any of the AWESOME super hero's or Star Wars guys....
Yep, a little ticked off!!

He just wanted to watch from a far! I've never seen this kid so skinny.
But Hunter was right in the action! Loving every minute of it!!




Mom got a sneaky picture when Riley wasn't paying attention!
Riley's favorite was the monkey, maybe because he is one!!
He also loved the Rhino's!
 Now I know I've said Riley hates pizza, but his taste buds are still out of whack, and today, he wanted pepperoni pizza and Mac n Cheese for dinner!! Hey, if you'll eat it, you can have it!!!

 Ri was getting so excited, he even got out of his stroller a few times to check things out!!
Starting to get tired, about time to go home!

 We had such a fun time. When I get rich, I am going to donate my money so sick kids can get out and have just a smidge of a normal life at a fun place like this too!! Thank you PCMC and who ever donated for this event!!

Even though we had 2 fantastic outings this week, I'm not going to lie, this life is hard. Riley's body can't shut down at a normal bed time, so we are up sooooo late every night. He ranges from around 1:30a.m. to 3:00a.m. every night. Then sleeps til around 11:30 the next morning. I'm trying to keep up, but having another active kid, it's hard. I'm so sleep deprived, I feel like I have a new born!  He also eats best at night, so at 10:30p.m. when he says he wants a slushy, we go to the gas station! Or when he wants Mac n Cheese at 1:30a.m., I make it! The other night at 2:30a.m., he wanted spaghetti with meat balls....!!!! That's where I drew the line!! haha!!
Good thing we only have 2 kids... I would be in a world of hurt if I had to keep up with more!!!
Oh, what a life!!! I love my boys! All 3 of them!!






No comments:

Post a Comment