Friday, June 14, 2013

CHEMO Week 9: BEST week in a LONG time!!

I guess I should finally post about chemo this week!
We have had such a good week, I've been trying to enjoy it, and get caught up on all the other normal things you do in life!!
This is the first "NORMAL" week we have had in about 6 weeks!!! 
Riley only threw up 1 time and that was on Tuesday!! He's still not eating a ton, but it's still more then he has!

Monday went very well!! Riley did so good, he just cried a little bit, I think more out of fear then out of hurt.
I do that sometimes too!!!
We just got Vincristine this week, so it went pretty fast. We didn't even have time to get the labs back and printed! So they read them to me over the phone. Of course I can't remember the exact numbers but I do know his low numbers he has been having, went up a little bit more!!! But his hematocrit (red blood cells) went down even more. So we are to watch him this week for that. It is 26.5% and transfusion time is when it hits 24-25%. We need to watch for extreme exhaustion and head aches. Not like he isn't tired already, so this will be tricky!!
I got to bring along Chantelle!! She is another valuable team member!!! She is super supportive and caring!
Love her!!

This is one of our wonderful Doctor's, Mariko Sato! She has been amazing through this whole process and just told us she is leaving next week to go Texas and specialize in brain tumors......WHAT??? Your leaving us? I am SO not okay with this! We love you....
Riley loves you too, he just doesn't know it yet!!!!

We wish you well Dr. Sato and will miss you so much! I can't wait til the day when I email you and say Riley is Cancer Free!! Thank you for your endless hours of caring and support! You will be missed!

The boys each got a hat from their aunt Denise and family!! They are so cute! Hunter's says: "Hunter Rocks" and Riley's says: "Riley Rocks Cancer". They LOVE them!!

Thank you Aunt Neice!!

Our Cute Smith side of the family did a bake sale where they live, which is Chris's "home town!" AND they did AWESOME!!!!
$264.00 BABY!!!!
We weren't there so I personally didn't get any pics of Riley's cute cousins baking and selling the goods, so hopefully soon I can get a picture from them to put on here!! A HUGE THANK YOU to Heather, Brinley, Hallie, Ridge, Tanner and Adri..... AND of course their mom's and grandma!!!

The time and effort that has gone into this bake sale AND all the other fundraising events that have happened and are happening is so unreal. I have had my eyes opened to a whole new world where there are good people and it isn't as crappy and selfish as I once had thought.
My family has taken up A LOT of other people's precious time with this upcoming fundraiser that I am feeling very guilty about, yet VERY appreciative.
You have not and will not go unnoticed!
I'm thankful several times a day for everyone and amazed at the support system we have.
We live in the BEST place on earth!!


No comments:

Post a Comment