Wednesday, January 15, 2014

3 month scans


January 13th: 3 month scans

Drum roll please.................

Scans are good!!!!

What a HUGE relief and weight off our shoulders and mind!!!

We first went in and did a urine sample, which came out to be 100% perfect!!! Left Kidney is compensating fabulously!!

Then off to scans.....

Ultrasound-

Here is a picture of his liver and the "spot" we are watching.........
 It is 1.6 cm long. They gave us quite a scare when they said that it had grown a few cm, but after the tech reviewed the last reports closer, she realized she had measured a different way, so she re measured and it is the same size as 3 months ago. I was one panicked momma, for a minute!!!
I love that he smiles during these, now!!

Off to x-rays-
 x-rays look good, he had a little bit of a cough, but other then that, everything thing looks as it should!


Here is a picture of the staples he has and will always have in his belly......
They are more so in the middle lower belly area. There are about 15 of them. Kind of cool!!
Those are also 3 of the 4 vertebra's that were exposed to direct radiation that will never grow from here on out. The others will grow just fine, so Riley will not be as tall as he should have been before the radiation. He may also develop scoliosis or have other back problems in the 4 areas.

Next and last off all we went to clinic.
The Dr. came in and checked him out, said he looks so amazingly good!! She didn't even order labs because he is doing so good AND because she knows my son and how traumatized he gets, and didn't want to have to do the blood drawn if we didn't have too. I was just fine with that!!


I feel FREE!!!! I can't explain it, but I know that I am going to try my hardest to live these next 3 months. I want to smile and have fun. I want to be a good good mom, not just a mom. I want to get back to doing hair. And loving every minute of life, not just living it waiting for it to go by.

We are so blessed to have Riley and to know that he is now
 92 days cancer free!!!! 














4 comments:

  1. His face in that picture! He's so happy, I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I am SO relieved for you Brandy! Thank you thank you thank you for sharing and keeping the blog updated. I want you to know you are an incredible mom, even with the ups and downs and not feeling yourself. You've got a fierce love for those kiddos of yours and we all know it! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post!!!! Love his big smile! Best news. Love it up gi!!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing blessing! We're so happy for you Riley!

    ReplyDelete