Sunday, October 27, 2013

My Brave......


Along the way,  I have had many songs that have touched my heart and helped us get through this. Some of them are:
Gym Class Heroes: The Fighter
Bruno Mars: Count on me
One Republic: I Lived
Philip Philips: Gone Gone Gone
Katy Perry: Roar
and the most recent is Sara Bereilles: Brave

So with that and an inspiring friends post.......

HERE IS MY BRAVE......





  In 1 year Riley went from my little boy to my little man. He had to grow up way to fast.

I'm so proud of him and ALL he has gone through......

5 1/2 hour MAJOR surgery 
Right Kidney + 6 lb tumor removed (nephrectomy)
Appendix removal
2 small masses on intestines removed
2 blood transfusions
Power port inserted into his chest
Epidural for  4 days,  medicine changed out because of allergic reaction
Catheter for 4 days
Nose suction tube down to his belly for 5 days
Drain in his side for 5 weeks
6 days in the hospital (following surgery)
6 days of radiation
15 chemotherapy treatments
3 CT scans
1 EKG
3 Echo's
5 Abdomen Ultrasounds
4 Chest/abdomen x-rays
3 E.R. Visits
2 nights in the hospital
1 Staff/Hair follicle infection
1 Bacterial Infection
Countless Throw-ups
Several Low Grade Fevers
Loss of hair, eye lashes and eye brows
Minimal Foot nerve damage (reversible)
Eye Lid nerve damage (cleared up)
24 times the port was accessed
24 times blood work was done
Countless nights of I.V. fluids
Countless Doses of Zofran
100 doses of Septra (antibiotic for the lungs) with 48 more to go
Surgery to remove port
32 times we have driven to PCMC
3,902 miles
65 hours in the car going back and forth  

1 AMAZING big brother
1 FABULOUS husband and daddy
HUNDREDS of family, friends and supporters

All in just under 7 months....What a wild ride!!!
AND WE HAVE SURVIVED IT!!!!


What is your brave?........












1 comment:

  1. YOU and RILEY and CHRIS and HUNTER! You guys are my "BRAVE"! Watching you from a distance going through all this has proven to me that miracles do happen. Riley IS a miracle. And maybe someday, maybe, we'll all understand what the purpose of this was for. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete