Tuesday, July 16, 2013

FUNDRAISER....... EPIC!!!

Well, Saturday was the RILEY ROCKS CANCER FUNDRAISER and it was rock'n!!!!

It is now Tuesday and I haven't posted one thing about it ......
1: because I really want to post pics and I don't have them yet
2: because I have been trying to think of something so fantastic to say to everyone who helped and who came, but I feel like the words I come up with aren't good enough.

I still don't have any words to blow you away but I can't go one more day without saying something!

THANK YOU
With tears that have not stopped since Saturday, for the support we have had.
In a lot of ways we are still numb that this actually happened..... FOR US!
Saturday was so AMAZING! We were not expecting that many people and I didn't know it would be that incredible! I knew it would be good because Angie was in charge and there are so many good good people out there, but we were blown away.

Here are most of the donation places and people we want to thank for donating stuff for the fundraiser:



 So many more donations came in after the banner was posted, so if you don't see your name, I'm sorry its not on here, but I have it written down.

THANK YOU!!  THANK YOU!!

Riley had a pretty ruff week but he was strong enough on Saturday to come to the event for a while. At first he was shy and didn't want to do anything but he eventually got into it! He had to go home and take a few breaks but he had a BALL!! He threw those marshmallows into that cow until his arm was tired!!  He had a snow cone, then had to be strolled right back over to the games!! He hadn't been out of the house for a week and had the BIGGEST smile on his face!!! We laid there that night and he told me all about it!!! The games, how many people were there, spider-man, cosmo, skyhawk, the princesses, and even some friends of his that came out to see him!!
I hope he will always remember this!

Of course it wore him right out, but nothing a lot of rest won't take care of!

I also want to thank everyone for being so considerate of Riley and not bombarding him. I was so impressed with every one's respect for him. Thank you for giving him his space but also being there and saying hi and letting him know you care!

I know the whole reason for a fundraiser is to "raise money"! But it was more then that. There was so much concern and love, people went above and beyond what they had to. I have so many stories that I will forever treasure, so many giving people that I will never forget, your name might slip my mind, but your face and what you did, WILL NOT.

There are so many people that helped make this happen, the ring leaders are: (in no particular order)
My mom, Angie P, Angie S, Lacei C, Cari H, Linda K, Jenn H, Ashley S, Lindi W, Chantelle H, Becky W, Heather F, Abbie T, Sarah W, Calie M, Katie A, Katie B, Pam B, Marie M, Kellye W, Vickie D, Lance and Crystal C, Denise and Mary J, ...... And ALL HUSBANDS AND FAMILY!!
Thank you also to Jared Triptow for putting the website together for us. I know it was more then you bargained for, but it was simply the best! Thanks to his wife also! 
(PLUS so many more that I will soon list!! You are not forgotten!)

There were days upon days that you all took out of your lives and family to help with this and I want to thank you for each and every hour.
I have AMAZING Friends and People in my life!

I can't explain the feeling I have today knowing we will be taken care of financially because of YOU.
My heart is at piece and I can finally breath for a little while, knowing I can sit by my sons side day after day and take care of him without having the stress of medical bills. He deserves that and I can now give it to him.

I hope you can feel how grateful we are and how much you have helped us. I'm trying to put the way my heart feels into words but I feel like I'm coming up short. Please just know we are forever grateful and will never forget this experience.
WE WILL PAY IT FORWARD!







3 comments:

  1. It really was such an amazing event. It doesn't hurt that Ang is my sister and she doesn't do anything half way. :) Connor was so excited he got to say hi to Riley from a distance. I'm glad Riley got to go and see everything done in his honor. Please know that even though the big event is over, every person who was there at the fundraiser is still in your corner and wants to help you! If you need anything, I'm here! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what has been said before! Saturday was amazing and I shot a bit of video for you so let me know when you want to see it! It's just my shaking had and rough footage...but you get an idea of what the day looked like! The ladies you mentioned definitely went beyond anything I've ever seen in my life. And you're right...THANK YOU just doesn't say it adequately! I am humbled to see what good people can do. Thank you for being such an inspiration to all of us...love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no doubt in my mind that this event was AMAZING! it kills me that I couldn't be there for you in person, but trust me...We were there in spirit. I thought about you guys ALL day. I love you!

    ReplyDelete